Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting a Friend [Attn: Aurelio]
Lauren Doyle

Presence 3 | Blush of Life | Blood Potency 3 | Status: Invictus 1 | Crafts 4(Jewelry & Swords) | Persuasion 2 (Deals) | Etiquette 2 | Resources 4 | Taste | Patient

Lauren couldn't help but laugh at the show of joy and reached down to embrace her in return. At least the best hug she could considering after the glomping of her legs. "You are very welcome."
Aurelio Menegi

Blood Potency 3 | Blush of Life | Presence 3 | Dexterity 4 | Professional Training (Artist) 4 | Taste | Sworn (Azure) | Coils of the Ascendant 3

The rest of the demonstration went as smoothly as one could hope for, with potential patrons coming and going and a good time had by all involved.  Alessa was quite content with talking Lauren's ear off until that point about all sorts of things, eventually being collected by her mother for trick or treating.

Lauren was free to stay once the crowd dispersed and the staff went about cleaning up or to meet Aurelio at his nearby haven at her leisure; either way once they were at the entry door he led her in, the apartment looking as tidy and art-filled as it tended to.
Lauren Doyle

Presence 3 | Blush of Life | Blood Potency 3 | Status: Invictus 1 | Crafts 4(Jewelry & Swords) | Persuasion 2 (Deals) | Etiquette 2 | Resources 4 | Taste | Patient

There was a bit of disappointment when the little one was reclaimed by her mother. It only took reminding herself that the twins extending her line another generation were a few short years from being the same age to get her to rectify that hiccup in her attitude. Afterwords the idea of leaving immediately to make good on the exchange of haven hospitality crossed her mind and it took a good bit of contemplating to decide which she would do. Lauren never did come to a decision, fighting with the idea all the way up until Aurelio let her know it was time to leave.

The night had her in a good mood and she was quite happy talking about the serpent's little ward, the demonstration and any other topic that came up along the way. Hints of her accent dropping in her comfort that she was quick to reel in with a habitual glance that casually looked around to make sure none other than him noticed.

At the apartment, she entered and looked around at the place. It had been a few months and she was curious if all the displayed pieces had remained the same or if he had decided to change it up over time. "Reading what I have been about the coils, I just have to ask; when was the last time you actually slept?"
Aurelio Menegi

Blood Potency 3 | Blush of Life | Presence 3 | Dexterity 4 | Professional Training (Artist) 4 | Taste | Sworn (Azure) | Coils of the Ascendant 3

Aurelio seemed pleased that Lauren and Alessa had continued to get along well, nodding along with the conversation as they made the walk to the apartment.  Once inside she would indeed see that some of the pieces had been swapped out, mostly paintings and one of the smaller statues on the shelf lining one of the living room walls.

The question made him smirk, and then pause as he had to actually think about it.  "A month or so, I want to think.  Possibly two."
Lauren Doyle

While Aurelio took his time to think on the answer, Lauren took in the new pieces that were on display. It made sense that in a covenant all about change and the lack of stagnation that even one's living space shouldn't remain static. Something the Dragon-in-training made a personal note of. It had been some time since she had moved things about in her haven. Maybe it was time she changed that.

"Only a month or two?" Chuckling at his answer and turning to him from the displays of art around them. "I was expecting the answer to be years. Why did you decide to sleep on those nights? Surely not out of necessity. Boredom?"
Aurelio Menegi

Aurelio smirked at her amusement, giving a nod.  "I have gone for that long of a stretch, although not lately.  It depends on certain things; while the cost in Vitae is less considering how the Coil makes the Blush last longer there are times where I may not have it available for whatever reasons.   It can also be something of a necessity at times to clear out one's system, depending on how frequently you eat and whatnot."

He had moved towards one of the bookshelves as he spoke, pulling a slim leather portfolio from the selection before turning to Lauren and offering it to her.  When opened she would find a drawing that called back to the rooftop meeting that had happened some nights prior, the Gangrel seen in profile leaning against the railing with the shadowed skyline of the city behind her.  "Something to commemorate a new friendship."  He said with a small smile, watching for her reaction.
Lauren Doyle

A hand was extended to accept the portfolio with a curious look. So far it looked like Alessa was correct in her guess about the drawing being a gift. With that being the case, Lauren was going to have to sell the surprise when she opened up the portfolio to hold up her end of the deal...

When the portfolio was opened, the look on her face was definitely one of surprise, if for different reasons than he might suspect. Lauren had expected a profile picture or some other head shot, along those lines. Definitely not something that resonated so well with the words he spoke. Wide eyes stared at the artistry while a finger delicately traced a line from the outside without touching the markings proper. It was a good long breath, taking in the moment that captured her overcoming one of her own hurdles that had stagnated her progress for a long while, before she spoke in a quiet voice, "You've been holding out on me. I have never seen you draw portraits before." Minor jest aside, she managed to tear her eyes away from the drawing long enough to say, "Sincerely, thank you."
Aurelio Menegi

Nervousness was an unusual sensation for the Daeva these days, so its presence as Lauren opened the portfolio was rather notable.  Showing off one's art always had the possibility of being hit or miss, but the personal nature of the piece only served to make it more acute.

"It's not something I do often, barring when the proper muse comes along."  He replied with a small smile, giving a nod as she looked his way.  "You're very welcome."
Lauren Doyle

"I'm your muse, now am I?" A coy smile accompanying the teasing look she sent his way. Not that she minded the thought one single bit; especially if it inspired artwork like this. This piece would most certainly see itself safely preserved behind glass in her office. A fantastic piece to start her redecoration with. Her gaze dropped back down to the captured moment in time, "Can't say I've had that honor before."
Aurelio Menegi

"Now that is a shame."  Aurelio smirked, catching that teasing look.  "Glad to have been the first, then."